This is a puss caterpillar.
And I’m Carson. I’m four years old. We found a puss caterpillar at the park. Mom said to get away from it, and then when Mom was still back there where the puss caterpillar was, I said, “Get away from there, Mom!” And then Mom said, “Hold on, I’m putting Annelise’s shoe on!” And then I got kind of sad. So then we ate lunch, and then left the park. I was drinking my water bottle on the way home, and we listened to Scripture Scouts. And then we finally got home. I took a great nap, though.
I want that to be the end of my blog post.
Note from Mom: This is a word-for-word transcription from Carson. He wanted to write his own blog post about a puss caterpillar after seeing the one I just wrote. :)
Hi, I’m in pre-K. And I’m in room 16. So, I’m having really fun there. My pumpkin is named Cutie, and he’s a blower fish. We did a lot of work by making him. I made him for school. I won a prize. It was a paper that said “the cutest” award. We made it out of a pumpkin and a white foam board on the bottom to write my name and room 16. Goodbye!
Carson’s four-year birthday interview:
- What is your favorite color? Red.
- What is your favorite toy? Caterpillar toys
- What is your favorite fruit? Bananas
- What is your favorite TV show? Puffin Rock
- What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Cheetos
- What is your favorite outfit? This one [the one he’s wearing right now: a shirt and underwear]
- What is your favorite game? Sonic the Hedgehog
- What is your favorite snack? Cereal
- What is your favorite animal? Lizards
- What is your favorite song? Rain, Rain, Go Away
- What is your favorite book? Curious George
- Who is your best friend? Annelise
- What is your favorite cereal? Cheerios
- What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play with sand and let it drizzle
- What is your favorite drink? Lemonade
- What is your favorite holiday? Breakfast in bed for Daddy
- What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Lizzy [stuffed lizard]
- What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Cereal
- What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Pizza
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Daddy
Note from mom:
In my closet I keep this big bucket of recyclables: paper towel tubes, jars and tubs and lids, cardboard, all sorts of random stuff. I add to it occasionally, and it’s made for some great craft supplies (or even a great activity: the kids love to just pull things out and play with them). One morning Carson was going through the box while I was getting ready and he found all of these cardboard tubes inside. When I suggested maybe we could do something with them, he said “We could have a telescope store!” So we went into our playroom and set it all up under the fort. Carson came up with all the prices, and I wrote them down for him. All that morning we played “telescope store,” taking turns pretending to be the store owner and the shopper. I love that he came up with this idea all on his own. He’s such a creative boy!